Monday, August 11, 2008

The Olympics are here! How could you miss them.

I will start by saying this is my first venture into the blogging world. I have a couple of friends who are experts in this field so hopefully they will give me tips and insight to make this thing work. So to the topic at hand...

I LOVE THE OLYMPICS! I always have and I always will. I don't have very many early memories but I do remember Carl Lewis winning the 100 Meters at the 1984 Olympics in Los Angeles. Or maybe it was my dad jumping up and down but anyway since then I have loved the Olympics. I love the Summer Olympics and the Winter Olympics although I played more Summer Olympic sports so I think I like them better. I bleed red, white, and blue and root for all Americans in all sports. I also have cable meaning that between NBC, MSNBC, CNBC, and USA there is practically 24-hour coverage of all of the events. Now there doesn't seem to be any real schedule to it but that's ok, it's easy to find something.

I watched the Men's 4 X 100 meter freestyle swimming final this morning. It came on last night and I TIVO'd it (well actually I have DVR but it's all the same to me). I was yelling at the TV! This was pure drama, pure excitement, pure joy that we won. We have been getting kicked around a little lately in the eyes of the world and this one little time we got to stick it to them. It made me proud to be an American. To see the celebration by our athletes was inspirational and made me feel like I could do anything I put my mind too. I guess this blog kind of fits into that mold.

So I will say that it's nice to get my first blog post out of the way and I am sure that I will get better.

2 comments:

SORTof BLOG said...

I saw it too. It was awesome! I offically have a man crush on Phelps.

SORTof BLOG said...

http://olympics.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/08/21/coming-soon-gold-medal-softball-usa-vs-japan/

Will it NOW remain an Olympic sport?